Tuesday, May 26, 2009


It is inevitable that something at some point during a wedding will go wrong. It's not always something that is noticeable, but it is always to be expected. For me, my dilemma was trying to make sure my cylinders supporting the rose arrangements would stay put on the tables.I had not anticipated the unevenness of the grass which made the tables a little off balance and my arrangements a little wobbly. I was just imagining, to my horror, one of my cylinders full of water and topped with dozens of roses falling over on a guest in the middle of a toast. Not a good image in my head moments before the guests were to arrive! What was I to do? There are always little fires we are called upon to extinguish as coordinators/designers and this one almost had me stumped...what would Preston Bailey have thought of me then? To my surprise, my source of "water" came from Jill's wedding planner who had two tall cylinders with a wider bottom base, which I was able to use in lieu of mine. What a relief! There is always a solution and this one came just in time!




1 comment: